Thursday, April 07, 2005

Tom does Texas

Well, Tom does Dallas and Arlington, the rest of Texas will have to wait until next time. I'm all excited. I get to (1)fly (2)go to texas (3)hang out with kelly (4)see a baseball game (5)eat lots of great texas food and do other fun texas things. Five great reasons to be excited, all packed into one weekend.

You'll be happy to know I've resolved my dilema, (you may not recall my dilema: wear a red sox hat at the rangers' home opener or get some ranger gear) I'm going with the sox hat, since after all I'm a sox fan, and I'd guess they'd be under represented in Arlington.

I have no resolved my footwear dilema, as I was going to get a new pair of running shoes but the store I frequent (infrequently) has apparently dissapeared. Right off the map. Nothing online, not even a defunct phone number. Just gone. This could be the start of the next Xfile movie. Shoe store: vanished.

The third dilema is that of the budgets. Normally not a big deal. They gave me one to finish for tomorrow, before I leave for the lone star state. Ok, I can handle that. Oh, wait, what's that? It's the GIANT FUND? the one with eighteen classes? That's going to take hours (normal budgets take at most hour singular) this one'll be three or four hours which sucks big time, cuz that means either skipping lunch today or tomorrow (or both?) and maybe staying late tomorrow. Worst idea ever. Who wants to stick around late on a friday before a long weekend trip to the central time zone? Not this cowboy.

Fourth (and final) dilema: Go out friday night or don't. This one has also been resolved. My original plan was to go party "I'm going to Texas!" "I'll drink to that!" sort of night. But. I am so tired. I've decided instead, to go home from work (at what I hope is the usual time) eat a small supper and then SLEEP. That way I'll be refreshed and ready to go for my grand texas adventure.

Til then,
-Tom

recommended download
Kenny Rogers, The Gambler
Del McCoury, All Aboard

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tom is actually doing Fort Worth, too.