Tuesday, April 19, 2005

This is the post that will get me fired.

Someone will read this over my shoulder, or accidentally discover the link, I may forget to lock my computer. This is the post that will get me fired.

First thoughts. I'm only going on initial impressions.

I do not enjoy coming in to work. Let's not say I hate it, but I'm no fan. I do enjoy people, I like working with them, solving problems, interacting. It's just the work.

The new senior started today, the "pretty face." Initial impressions. It's good for morale.

You won't hear me complaining about sexism or misconduct. I give everyone the benefit of the doubt. I do not suspect that she was given the job because she, to quote a coworker "has a nice ass," but rather because she can do the job.

But I'm writing here, (and will be fired because), I don't think it hurts. Why not have a pretty face in the group? Far be it from me to prohibit pleasant features from assailing my eyes. Far be it from anyone. Given a choice? I would undoubtedly choose the person who could do the job and be easy to look at. I like good looking women. Bring 'em on. Unless of course they're (favorite expression of its kind) as dumb as a bag of hammers. Then don't hire them. But if they're both good looking and competent? Well, that's just good for everybody concerned, isn't it? Yes. Unless you're the ugly one who got the boot. Tough.


I'm totally getting fired for this.

-Tom

1 comment:

mance01 said...

That's why I only blog from home. :) I wish a hot guy would come work at my job. It's strange, but everyone who works in the PUBLIC HEALTH department here is really chunkified...and dumb. (Except me, but I'm just a lowly intern anyway.) Have you thought about initiating a job search, just to see what else is out there? It doesn't sound like you like your job very much. Just a thought (that I'm sure you've already had.) Laters!