Tuesday, March 15, 2005

woohoo I got a raise

ok, so they announced our annual "merit increases" today. and they bumped up my salary! by a whopping 1.5% which, as two people have already pointed out, is just lower than inflation. As Erika put it "it doesn't even cover the increase in the cost of living...so we're actually poorer now than we were before" which is true. but hey, more money is more money.

The highlight of the merit increase one-on-one with my manager however was not more money, but a glimpse at some heretofor only suspected confidence in my ability. He hinted that I should apply for the senior fund accountant position that just opened up in our group, that I have what it takes because I'm "a pretty bright guy." Well there you go. He would like to have given me a bigger raise (I'm sure they always say that) but the company didn't allocate enough, instead though, you should apply for this better job, which comes with more money, so it'd be almost the same thing. cool.

-Tom
recommended download:
whatever you want, go ahead, download anything, really.

No comments: