Monday, March 21, 2005

I believe you'd get your ass kicked saying something like that, man.

Hell of a way to start a week. Up til now Ihaven't really felt the urge to quote office space, but here I am, monday morning, that's all I can think about. These last few weeks have been like a kid rollercoaster, up and down, up and down, in a little circle - never to high up, never too far down, and you never go anywhere. today I'm thinking about quitting again. not because I dont like the work, not because my coworkers are giving me a hard time, just because I don't really feel like coming in. I'd rather not be in the office today, I'd rather be out, say, driving, or wandering around fanueil hall, just not doing anything. I had a couple problems early this morning, and rather than do some research and fix them, I just sat here, because I didn't want to. Fifteen minutes later I did the research, and they got fixed, but that's fifteen minutes I'd spent kinda "spacing out," you know where you're not actually doing any work, but it looks like you are. So to end this post, here's another office space quote:

Peter Gibbons: So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.
Dr. Swanson: What about today? Is today the worst day of your life?
Peter Gibbons: Yeah.
Dr. Swanson: Wow, that's messed up.

Tom
recommended download
Jack Johnson, Sitting Waiting Wishing

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it wouldn't be called work if you enjoyed it. that's just the way that it is.

cheer up though - it could always be worse. you could be the guy that plays with his stapler in the corner and sputters.