Monday, March 21, 2005

so I guess I'm a U2 fan

I watched a little bit of U2's induction into the rock and roll hall of fame last night, mostly the springsteen intro, he was great. I guess I'm a fan. There was a time (high school) that I didn't like U2, and I can tell you exactly why: Sunday, Bloody Sunday. That song drove me crazy, it was the only lyric I knew, and it just repeated repeated repeated. So I didn't give them a chance. Even if I had I don't know if I would have appreciated them, or if I do even now. There were two camps in my high school, Dave Matthews fans, and U2 fans, and they were mutually exclusive, not one person liked both groups, it was either hate-love, or love-hate. As I grew older, and was exposed to more music I began to lose passion for dmb and at some point thought I would give U2 a try. It probably wasn't the best time, it was just after the release of the single Wild Honey which is not their best, or even close, but I was listening to them.

So here I am again, listening to U2, now maybe I'll make an effort and get some more songs from their early years, see what they have to offer.

-Tom
recommended download
U2, New Year's Day
and
Bruce Springsteen, Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town (Live)

3 comments:

Donny said...

You've got to get yourself together. You got stuck in a moment and you can't get out of it.

Anonymous said...

I like both. I would've been friends with everyone - which wouldn't have been a shock, really, since you went to an all boys school.

Tom said...

hahahaha. good one. I take back my future comment.