Wednesday, March 16, 2005

A game of baseball...in texas.

I've never met a texan I didn't like. There's John, Rosa, Karen, Sylvia (who I just learned yesterday hailed from texas), Kelly, Liz, and a few more. I like 'em all. So it was with great excitement yesterday that I accepted an invitation to the Texas Ranger's home opener in Arlington, Texas on April 11th. Which means two things: first, I get to go to a baseball home opener, which I have never done before (also we'll be going in style and "rubbing elbows" with the "movers and shakers" to borrow a phrase); and second, I get to fly to texas, which is cool, because I've never been there before.

Baseball. In Texas. How exciting is that? I love baseball.

And for you readers who are fans of full disclosure, it didn't hurt that the extra ticket to the home opener was offered to me by a pretty good-looking texan, which didn't make my decision to skip work to see a baseball game in a state I haven't visited yet any harder ;)

Peace out, yo
-Tom

recommended download:
Take Me Out To The Ballgame

No comments: