Thursday, March 31, 2005

Ah, Productivity, my old friend, we meet again. How I loathe you. How have you been? Keeping busy, no doubt. And me? Well, I have tried famously to avoid you at all costs. I've even started an online journal to chronicle my attempts to thwart you and your buddy over there, Hard Work. Well, actually I don't so much chronicle as write something down whenever I can. It's a product really, of my inactive lifestyle. What was that? Why did I use the word "product?" Well, I... Oh, oh, I see. This online distraction is a "product" I've "produced" I have therefore been "productive." Why you crafty little devil. You haven't really been gone at all, have you. Just lurking aroud behind me where I can't see. No, that was my manager. Well, in any case, well-played you, well-played. I look forward to our next showdown. I'm sure that next time I shall be better prepared. Telephone with personal phone call against my ear, coffee in one hand, one foot out the door, sleeping on the job, and chatting away online. See ya, Productivity, old man, and tell your friend Results, I'll see her when I see her.

-Tom
recommended download:
Frank Sinatra, Luck Be A Lady

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Tom, I¹m just searching
the web for the next big thing on
gift baskets and noticed your great site.
Although this post wasn¹t actually
what I was looking for it DID get my
attention and interest. I see now
why I found your great website when
I was searching for gift baskets related
information and I¹m thankful I found
your blogsite even though its not
an exact match. Excellent Post,
thanks for the read (It¹s a keeper),
One last thing, here¹s an excellent
wine quote from Benjamin Franklin -
"Wine makes daily living easier,
less hurried, with fewer tensions and
more tolerance." - Franklin, Benjamin

Anonymous said...

Hey there Tom, I was looking for an educational blog experience on gift baskets and I found your blog-site. this post isn¹t exactly what I was searching for but it did get my and interest. Now I know why I found your excellent blog-site when I was looking for gift baskets related information and I¹m glad I did even though its not an exact find. Great Informative Post, thanks for the read and educational experience. Well let me contribute to your blog-site by leaving you with my all time favorite wine quote from William Shakespeare: "Come, come, good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used; exclaim no more against it." William Shakespeare