Friday, February 11, 2005

Things are alright

Updates:
Cute girl is in Hawaii.
There are no problems on my new funds.
Most of my budgets are finished.
Things are going well with the girl, except that it is impossible for me to speak to her.


So today, I feel pretty good. Today is the first Friday of Lent, and it's the second day of Lent we Catholics aren't supposed to eat meat. It's the second time during the current Lenten season I've forgotten that and had meat for lunch. I haven't given up anything to this point for Lent, I was thinking about giving up coffee, or maybe caffeine. I am about to run to dunkin donuts, or maybe have some tea here at my desk. My hair looks great today (I think, I haven't looked in a mirror since I got out of the shower this morning). It's getting colder, and icy, outside. But most importantly, it's the weekend! I am so pumped for football. Oh, wait. No football, season's over. And no, the Pro Bowl doesn't count, that's an exhibition, and, since the career ending injury sustained by a promising rookie in the then mandatory flag football game, I've sort of loathed the Pro Bowl. I mean come on, they guys aren't even trying. Asking grown men who risk devastating injury on a weekly basis throughout the fall and winter to play their hardest weeks after their seasons have ended? in hawaii? no way are they going to give their all. and I would hope they don't. This is their livelyhood, after all, I wouldn't put my body on the line for a game that doesn't mean anything if it meant I might end my career, or delay my offseason training to recuperate. I'll stop there. You didn't come here to read a sports opinion column. If you wanted to do that you'd've stopped by espn.com and read Bill Simmons, the Sports Guy. He's pretty good.

So, have a good weekend you young unprofessionals, I hope I do.

this is Tom, signing off.

recommended downloads:
Counting Crows, Wiseblood
Flogging Molly, Swagger
Oasis, Supersonic
The Clash, I Fought The Law

No comments: