Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Strike that, reverse it

It's fat tuesday. Cute girl is in Hawaii. The Patriots are in Boston. I am at my desk.

So, that's where everyone is today. I hope you've all remembered to gorge yourselves on sugar and dessert stuffs, and carbonated beverages, and chocolates and anything else you may have decided to give up for Lent. My suggestion is to eat absolutely as much as possible, an orgy of gluttonous consumption. Then, you'll be so sick of the sight of food you'll coast through the first half of these forty days without even thinking about it. An orgy of gluttonous consumption.

Later today I think I will try and buy a coffee. Also I think I'll bring in some tea so I can drink tea here at my desk in the mornings. I like tea almost better than coffee. Maybe I like them an equal amount in different ways. That's possible - liking two things the same amount, but differently. Tea, and coffee. Tony Hawk Pro Skater, and blue hooded sweatshirts, for example, I think my life would be changed if either were taken away from me, but for different reasons. They mean about the same, but in different ways. Let's not think about that.

So the Patriots are world champs. Go Pats. That's a world series, a superbowl, also I'll mention (though I hate them) the celtics are in first place in their division (the weak division), and technically, as was pointed out earlier, the bruins are undefeated. The players association needs to smarten up. It's hockey for crying out loud, stop whining like the nba. You play on ice and get concussions regularly, plus missing teeth and rabid fans - you sound more like major league baseball. suck it up and play. Hell, I'd be ok with a salary cap if that meant I could play hockey for a living. Stupid nhl.

In other news: I haven't been back to white horse, I did not get tickets to the beanpot (go bu!), and I have not filed taxes. Speaking of income tax, I should get back to work.

-Tom

recommended downloads:
Queen, It's A Beautiful Day
Cake, You Turn The Screws
and
Pearl Jam, Patriot (Steve Van Zandt cover)

No comments: