Wednesday, February 16, 2005

mind-numbing bore

I'm pretty bored today. Well, right now. Earlier I wasn't bored. But now I am. Bored.

So, I'm going to Rome. Rome, Italy, where the Pope lives. Vatican city. I don't know what to pack for the trip. Is it warm in Italy? Should I bring a camera and eighteen rolls of film? Should I swipe my brothers digital camera instead? What are they wearing in Rome these days (I mean, regular people, not the Pope, his style never changes) Should I bring loose baggy clothing? Bright colors? I don't want the Romans laughing at my lack of style. Maybe best if I just stick with the traditional toga. That will be a good way to travel on the plane, very comfortable. Also, good defense against pickpockets, as togas have no pockets.

Ah, to be young and in love.

Tom
recommended download
Marcy Playground, Hotter Than The Sun

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like how I don't have to sign my name anymore, and now I can link to my journal.

Sorry your work is mind-numbingly boring.

Tom said...

yeah, I got you the hook up.

Donny said...

I was told once that to look less like an American and more like a European to not wear clothing with big labels on it like a T-shirt proudly proclaiming Nike and to especially not wear anything with a university name on it. That screams arrogant American. I wonder how Italians feel about blue hooded sweatshirts. Of course, you're going to be with a million 4th graders so I think everyone is going to notice you anyway.