Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Lost

Well, I feel like I've run out of things to talk about here in the blog. Currently I can raise my arm above my shoulder with only minimal pain, the snowboard injury seems to be fading. Jonathan is still listening to his radio and talking to the other guy in his group about stupid music and stupid radio-dj pranks. I wouldn't mind if they got moved to another part of the floor. Cute girl has lost all meaning for me, after learning she is engaged to be married (in two years time) the magic sort of dwindled down to nothing. Natasha, the girl in my group who messes everything up was fired last friday, so Monday I picked up one of her funds, bringing my total to eight. Joe, the kid across from me, hired at the same time as I was, has three; Mark, who's been here the longest, has five. I like to think the managers have confidence in me. Though it may just be that they keep catching me online blogging or AIMing and are trying to pile the work so high I won't be able to "waste any time" online. But I'll show them. viva la revolucion.

Yesterday the managers handed out Christmas gifts to everyone in the group, a bottle of wine apiece. I don't drink much wine, so I don't know if I like it, or if thwat they were giving out was any good. I received a bottle of estancia pinot grigio, from california. I haven't opened it.

I'm looking at the vacation calendar now, at least two people are out today and each day until Jan. 5th. Also, explain this to me, why do we have to work New Year's Eve, but not Martin Luther King Jr. day or Washington's birthday? Well, no matter, I also have a week off in March (7th-11th) to go to Rome with some of the family. I'm excited, and no doubt will grow more so as March approaches. Also, you may want to find yourselves a distraction for that week, since I won't be blogging all day to keep you occupied at work. ;)

recommended download: Pearl Jam, In Hiding and Good Charlotte, East Coast Anthem

cascadingly yours,
Tom

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have eight! I still don't have any client teams. Maybe that's why I didn't receive any Christmas gifts either - I don't have any official bosses yet. Have you read Angel & Demons yet? It'll be a great preparation for the trip to Rome.

Tom said...

yep, read it. I'm looking forward to the statues. also, someone said drinking wine would be a good way to prepare. So I'm going to do lots of that too.
adios.
-t