Tuesday, December 21, 2004

stealing "keep busy at work" ideas from kat

ok, song list, guess the song and artist, no cheating. (ha, most of these are probably on my recommended downloads)

a. the poor boy changes clothes and puts on aftershave, to compensate for his ordinary shoes

b. though I might stay for a day there if I had my wish, there's not much to do when your friends are all fish, and an oyster and clam aren't real family...

c. breakin' rules and breakin' down never thought twice about it, pushin' drugs and skipping town, now we just talk about it, what if we never even make it back...

d. if you want me to wait, I will wait for you, if you want me to stay I will stay right through, if you don't want to say anything at all, I'm happy wondering

e. if you're going to san fransisco, be sure to wear some flowers in your hair, if you're going to san fransisco, you're gonna meet some gentle people there

f. if you could see in my eyes, I'd show you darling, surprise, there is a place, there is a fortune, it has everything and I want to share it with my friends

g. I'm dreaming while you're stealing babies, how are you going to help me sleep again? how should I say I'm so sorry, how should I pray to know that we're alive

h. hand me a brick a stick a picket, bludgeon, axe, or cobblestone, riot down on broad street, if I'm going down hell I'm not goin down alone!

i. she looks like a teenage anthem, yeah, she looks like she used to be happy with the girl inside. she looks so bored sometimes, she's got that super-pale skin and those soft green eyes...

j. it sounds so simple I just got to go, the sun’s so hot I forgot to go home, guess I’ll have to go now...

k. the cia is after you, what the hell is there to do but run? we made a promise to eternity...

l. there's a kiss at the end of the rainbow, more precious than a pot of gold

m. we took advantage of the poor, just ignored the needy, we specialized in causing pain, spreading fear and doubt, and if you could not pay the rent, we simply threw you out!

n. there is a young cowboy, who lives on the range, his horse and his cattle are his only companions, he works in the saddle and he sleeps in the canyons, waiting for summer, his pastures to change...

o. am I, strung out, crazy or not allowed to be the one who gets stupid over you? lazy, laidback, maybe you're just on crack why am I the one who gets fucked up and confused?

p. monday rowing, tuesday gymnastics, dancing on a friday night, I got bridge club on wednesday archery on thursday, dancing on a friday night, with you

p. I wanna get me a good home where the rising cost of raising children is not a factor, and you can't believe the things it does to me.

t. I'm heading out to the highway, I've got nothin to lose at all, I'm gonna do it my way, take a chance before I fall, a chance, before, I fall

u. you'll say the world has come between us, our lives have come between us, still I know you just don't care

v. when the big one finds you may this song remind you that they don't serve breakfast in hell

w. I wonder what it's like to be the head honcho, I wonder what I'd do if they all did just what I said

x. mama said they'd be days like this they'd be days like this my mama said (mama said mama said)

y. I'm just sick and tired of all those lies you tell me you say those same things to me over and over and over

z. the chemicals displaced, there is no lonlier place than lying in this bed

recommended download:
Paul Simon, Kodachrome

and then get back to work ;) -t

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can only get a few...

b. Ernie - Don't Want to Live on the Moon
h. James Taylor - Sweet Baby James
p. The Darkness - Friday Night
u. Deep Blue Something - B'fast at Tiffany's
w. Matchbox Twenty - Real World
x. Some oldies person - Mama Said

I'll do mine as soon as my attention span allows it.
fel

Anonymous said...

I could only remember one other that Felecia didn't get already:
d. Good Charlotte, "Wondering" - my fav GC song, btw ;-)
A few other ones sounded familiar but I'm too lazy to think that hard right now :-)
more later
Kat