Monday, November 16, 2009

Happy Dan Goldin Day!

Happy Dan Goldin Day 2009, everyone! I hope you're all reading this post from home with a drink in front of you, or over a pint at your local watering hole, having skipped out on work to honor the decision by the Boston University Trustees to grant a day off to the students of Boston Uniersity after awarding, and then rescinding, a contract to ex-NASA Mr. Dan Goldin, and obligating themselves to payout $1.8 million for breach of that contract. (full career summation here)

For those readers interested, here is a partial list of cities celebrating DGD '09: (east to west)

Boston, MA
Stoneham, MA
Manchester, NH
New York, NY
Philadelphia, PA
Baltimore, MD
Birmingham, AL
Milwaukee, WI (observed 11/20/09)
Arlington, TX
Lawton, OK
Seattle, WA
Te Anua, NZ
Mackay, AU
London, GB
Dublin, IE


Celebrating in a city not on the list? Let me know in the comments! We're still missing Eastern Europe, South America, all of Africa, Asia, and I'm still waiting to hear from you Antarticans!

Too ditching work, and getting paid!

-Tom

5 comments:

Timmy said...

I'm celebrating on the 18th. FYI

Felecia said...

Who is observing in Seattle? Are you assuming I told everyone about this "holiday" and now they continue the tradition?

Tom said...

Yes. Exactly. Did that not happen? Seattle readers! Let's hear it for Dan Goldin Day!

Donny said...

I went to a geometry workshop today instead of teaching. It's close to shirking my duties.

eileen said...

I'm celebrating today, by flying to california. Thanks, Dan Goldin!