Thursday, January 29, 2009

Zur!

txting has become very important to me since I purchased a phone with QWERTY keypad. Quickly punching out respond-at-your-lesiure mobile-to-mobile queries is more valuable to me than email, IM, or voice.

No need to worry about interrupting someone with a voice call while they are earnestly trying to do something important (writing a blog post?); You don't have to worry about Ms Manners' email protocol, signatures, auto-inserts, or subject lines; and you don't need to worry about your recipient being "online" the txt hovers in the ether until they power up their phone.

No down side! Plus, they can't block it at work! (unlike gmail, AIM, facebook, etc etc)

And, if you're still stuck on a standard 1-9 alphabet layout T-9 txt entry can provide hilarious suggestions for your slang, in-jokes, and uncommon grammar.

I realize that, in the past, I may have belittled txting (I seem to remember a post written specifically to rail against the word "txting") but I'm writing now to let you all know that I have come around:

I <3 txting.


-t

1 comment:

Donny said...

I'm going over inequalities in algebra this week and I started with the example 1<3 to see if anyone would notice the common text phrase. Of course, they did. They're 14.