Friday, April 11, 2008

Self-Congratulatory

It is with great pleasure, today, that I note I am nearing my millenial post here at the web log. This self-congratulatory announcement will serve as post number nine hundred seventy-five.

I will therefore take this opportunity to offer, from you, the readers, to me, your beloved author, your thanks and appreciation for my unflagging devotion to posts and updates of highest quality, voluminous quantity, and wondrous oddity. That I have accomplished so much, so quickly, and with, seemingly, so little help (or audience), speaks heartily to the vast powers of the internet and my indubious ability to harness those powers in order to provide such terrific stuffs on such a regular, uninterrupted, pace.

To celebrate this momentous occassion a countdown and preparations for some type of festive parade will be initiated.

I will also take this opportunity to accept your thanks and appreciation. Let the countdown begin.


25




In the meantime, I encourage you, my loyal readers, as always, to look to your own approaching milestones, or, if you have none, to embark upon a carefully considered and well-chosen journey, literal or metaphorical, perhaps a journey where private reflection and personal growth can be paired with a blossoming new-media outlet to provide public entertainment. Or you could start a blog. There are lots of tracks, and many markers along the ways - So, thank you, for trailing along behind me, in the cloud of dust raised by my steady, marching footsteps, to this one.

-Tom

2 comments:

Donny said...

I think you misspelled "millennial".

Tom said...

I think you're right.

also, have you seen the statistical analysis of Red Shirt deaths on Star Trek?