Friday, April 04, 2008

Great Way To Kill Time And Remind Yourself How Smart You Used To Be In College

How I've been spending my time:

How many elements can you name? (I logged a dismal 35 elements)

Check out the other links on the site, highlights include:

Name the countries in:
  1. Europe

  2. Asia

  3. Africa

  4. South America (I forgot two, and named an extra six that are actually in Central America)


Name all the major leage baseball teams, US Presidents

and more!


Seriously, it's just a bit addicting, and I'm almost ashamed to admit I did better on Tom Hanks movies than I did naming the Presidents.

-t

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tom,

This made me feel dumb. I enjoyed playing it (addictive), but when 40% of the respondents know where Kazakhstan is, and how to spell it, it leaves me feeling like my degree is a fancy placemat.

I will comment on baseball soon enough, I've been having a hard time getting into the swing of things, what with 20 different opening days.

Tom said...

Actually, I lied about the presidents list. I scored 80% (forgot Pierce, Buchanan, and Garfield) and only scored 35% on Tom Hanks movies (who knew he was in Cars? And I missed almost all of his early work. I'm only 25! I remember the big dog from Turner and Hooch and Daryl Hannah screeching Splash.