Monday, March 03, 2008

Endless Rock

So, ask me what I did all day Saturday?

I played Rock Band a little.

And when I say "a little," I mean, "the whole freakin' day."

See, here's what happened. I thought, let's throw Rock Band into the Xbox, play a few songs, then see if there's any good cartoons on tv.

So we played a few songs, earned some stars, and unlocked "The Endless Set!" and I thought, hey, that's pretty cool.

I was wrong.

The endless set is 58 songs. Fifty-eight! Ok, so, imagine something you like... Playing Wii Sports. Eating a chocolate cake with frosting. Playing a game of racquet ball. Your girlfriend.

Now imagine doing it fifty-eight times. In a row.

It took the whole freakin' day! We played fifteen songs. I paused it, and took a break. Got a drink. Played another ten songs. Ten. Songs. Songs that are like, six and seven minutes long. That is seventy minutes, for the ten songs. That is more than an hour. Plus the fifteen before that. AND I WASN'T EVEN HALFWAY THROUGH.

This game is totally awesome. We kept plugging away. The halfway mark was awesome. We were all "woo! halfway done! only four more hours of songs!" (the songs kept getting longer and longer).

Let me tell you. At nine-thirty, almost ten hours later, we certainly appreciated the name of the achievement.

I have taken a break from Rock Band for a few days.


Just kidding. I'm about to fire it up right now.

-t

1 comment:

craziasian said...

"Ok, so, imagine something you like...Your girlfriend.

Now imagine doing it fifty-eight times. In a row."


oh man. so good.