Monday, January 28, 2008

B.A.D.

I've been (sort of) offered a new position. I've been asked to leave the trades team and join a Quality Assurance group to test system software updates before live implementation.

I imagine it's a lot like video game debugging, except with numbers and text instead of guns and zombies. Probably the same number of explosions, though.

Upside: Potentially more free time and fewer late nights.
Downside: Moving from the 13th floor to the 9th floor. It's quiet (too quiet) and painted a funny (not ha-ha funny) color.

Second Upside: The group is Business Application Development, a.k.a. The B.A.D. Group.

Best company softball team name yet.

-t

P.S. If this group works out I will probably adopt B.A.D. as the acronym for my evil world-takeover organization - I'll come up with the meaning later.

No comments: