Friday, November 02, 2007

Dan Goldin Day '07!

Less than a day after I mention lasers in a blog post someone goes and invents one that does something totally useful: kills germs.

The Virus Eradicating Laser!


But on to the real news:

Dan Goldin Day is only two weeks away! Since November 17, 2007 falls on a Saturday, the holiday will be observed November 16, Friday, two weeks from today!

I hope everyone has made plans to take at least a half day from work, checked your local newspapers for details about the Dan Goldin Day Parade in your area, and is pretty well along in construction of the traditional Dan Goldin Day costumes. Also there are presents...and turkey. Ooh! And the traditional (political) fireworks.

For those of you celebrating in the Boston area (Erin, Jenny, Eileen) or those of you (John, Donny, Adina...) who are planning on coming to Boston for the festivities, I will have the day off and plan to celebrate with a beer or two over lunch - to start.

I've left comments open so you can recount your favorite Dan Goldin Day memory, or especially great plans for DGD'07

-t

3 comments:

Donny said...

Seriously, DGD '07 plans were discussed over dinner last night in Milwaukee.

Miss Lindsay Mak said...

Why oh why can we not let Dan Goldin Day die? It was ridiculous in college, it's ridiculous now.

That said, I am going to be celebrating Dan Goldin day this year the same way I have since its its inception - by getting shit faced.

mance01 said...

By some strange miracle, I'm not on call that day. So, it will be my first Dan Goldin Day celebration! :)