Thursday, June 21, 2007

The Really Early Bird

I was so tired this morning ... (how tired were you?!)

...that I woke up early.

That's not a punchline. I was so tired I got out of bed an hour earlier than I needed to.

Early this morning, as I lay sleeping, birds started to sing, and the sun rose above the treeline, and shone directly into my eyes.

I sat up, looked at my clock, and realized it was already quarter past the hour, half an hour later than my alarm was set for!

I jumped up and ran into the shower, threw on some clothes, flipped on the news, and realized, too late now, than I was in fact, half an hour ahead of my alarm.

I'd been awakened at 7:15AM, not 7:45AM. My alarm hadn't even gone off yet.

So I watched J.A.G. until it was time to leave.

-t

1 comment:

eileen said...

Maybe it's because today is the summer solstice, you druid, you.