Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Round the Horn

NFL:
I've got to be honest with you. I'm buying into the hype. This piece over at the Herald really primed the pump, and I'm all set to see the Patriots score 115 touchdowns this season.

MLB:
And the Sox are in first in the AL East with the second-best record in baseball.

NBA:
I stayed up Sunday night to watch Golden State beat Dallas and take a 3-1 series lead. I'm pumped. I hate Dirk, and Cuban's really getting on my nerves. What is that, a playoff goatee? Stick to running your billion dollar financial empire, Cuban, leave the gross-looking facial hair to the guys on the court. And buy a suit, for crying out loud, or at least launder that faded navy blue t-shirt you've been wearing to every game.

Much as I hate to say it, the Suns probably take the title this year.

NHL:
Meh. It'd be nice for Drury to win a title with Buffalo. But I really don't care much at all. The NHL has too many teams, too long a season, and too few viewers. Open-up the ice (yes, even more), concentrate your talent pool, and stop putting expansion teams in the desert. (Actually, do whatever you want. I'm never going to get invested enough to muster real anger until the Bruins make the finals. I'd say that's about ten years from happening).

All other sports:
Are great.

-t

5 comments:

mance01 said...

Who has the best record in baseball?

Also, you said facial hair was gross. I assume you mean that to include scraggly pirate beards. I'm glad you're finally joining the club. :)

eileen said...

Why no love for the Suns? They're way more fun to watch that most of the teams in the East. I'm thinking Suns over Bulls (or Pistons) in the finals.

Tom said...

Me too, but I hate Steve Nash (only slightly less than Dirk)(until I saw game 4, now I really hate Dirk, a lot). How is a short Canadian a perennial MVP candidate? I hope Lebron wins the whole thing single-handedly.

-t

Donny said...

How about them Brewers?

Tom said...

Best record in baseball, not too shabby. It'd be pretty cool to have a season ticket package at Miller Park this year. Sheets for Cy Young!