Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Stacked

There's a pile of papers sitting at the end of my desk, just past my phone and my right elbow. It's a big stack, maybe a foot-and-a-half high, but it's not in the way of anything.

I inherited the stack of papers. They do nothing but sit there. No one has come looking for them, they are totally inert. I'd guess they belonged to the previous tenant - or one of the many previous tenants. I also got a notebook and a furry pen with a goofy looking cat topper when I switched to this desk. (They were in the lower left hand drawer.)

I'd like to point this out again: They're not in the way. Of anything. At all.

Which is why, I assume, my manager came over and said, "Hey, you should give these papers back to whoever they belong to, whoever sat here before you. The cash team might need them and they're probably in the way."

They're not, actually, in the way. I don't even use that side of my desk. I've got two pens, a stenographer's notebook, and a bottle of Gatorade on my desk. They're all on the left.

Maybe he just doesn't like the look of a big inert stack of papers on the desk. If that's the case, though, I hardly think making their removal my responsibility is appropriate.

The big stack of papers isn't bothering anybody but you? Maybe you should take care of it then. I've got other things to do, relevant, important things.

Like posting.

-t

No comments: