Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Crash cometh, after the fall

I'm crashing.

I hate a medium coffee this morning with a breakfast sandwich, hoping the food would slow my body's absorption of the caffeine.

No such luck.

It might have gone better if I'd gotten any sleep last night, but I was tossing and turning until 3:30 AM.

That may have been due to the two cups of tea I sucked down before bedtime.

As more and more evidence comes to light it seems that I am some sort of binge drinker.

Caffeine, not alcohol.

I'd wager it's just as dangerous. Sitting in an interview sweating and jittery has got to be at least as bad for your chances as sitting there calmly and talking a bit more than usual.

Right?

I'm in trouble now. I'm coming down. I've got the shakes, not the jitters. I need some coffee, or something. Coke, maybe? I think we're out. The only thing left in the fridge is caffeine free diet stuff.

And seltzer water.

Blech.

I think I should probably eat something, lunch, a snack, something, but I'm not hungry at all.

Shakes.

Loss of appetite.

Crazy eyes.

All signs point to a problem. A problem with caffeine.

My bones feel weak...I'm having trouble lifting my arms...I think my head is about to fall off of my shoulders, it's too heavy, it's sinking - sinking - so heavy....

I'm a little afraid that the flashes of light I'm seeing aren't reflections, but are, in fact, bits of hallucinatory.

But I'm absolutely positive the elves are hallucinations.

They're carrying off my stapler.

(It's ok. I don't use it much.)

Their capes are very pretty. And they are riding green and yellow caterpillars. They are very smiley.

AUGH! CRAZY EYES AGAIN!



-t

2 comments:

mance01 said...

Elves, huh?

Is "coffee" some kind of code word for "drugs"? :-p

Hooker said...

I'm so glad caffiene doesn't affect me.