Monday, January 22, 2007

Catharsis

I was having a little trouble deciding what I was going to do with three weeks off between jobs.

After last night's Patriot's loss I think I'll break out my copy of MLB 2K6 and put together a roster of Red Sox players the likes of which the world has never seen, and take them through to the World Series.

Imagine Beckett, Schilling, and Papelbon starting, each going for 18 wins. Imagine Foulke and Clement healthy, and in top form. Imagine Gonzalez hitting for power. I'll probably put Arroyo in the starting rotation, and finagle a deal for Clemens too. Also, it's entirely possibly that seven of the eight Yankees everyday players will retire early, or get traded to the Diamondbacks, Royals, Devil Rays, and Reds.

I'm sure a few weeks working on a rigged world series win will help me get over this funk, right? I hope so.

In the meantime, I hope Manning and the Colts trounce the Bears, because as much as I would have loved to see him choke yesterday, there is no way, No. Way. Rex Grossman deserves to win a Superbowl over Peyton.

-t

9 comments:

Mikey Saint Sinclair Esq. said...

um, since when does a QB "deserve" to win a superbowl before actually playing the big game?

It'll all be settled on the field in two weeks - and it won't be Rex who wins the championship, THE BEARS TEAM WILL!

Tom said...

Since always.

deserve: verb to be worthy, fit, or suitable for some reward or requital, recognition

Peyton Manning deserves to be recognized as one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time. That will happen when he wins his Superbowl.

Dan Marino deserved to win one too, though in his lone appearance he was beat by another "greatest quarterback of all-time" Joe Montanna. I doubt even Peyton could come out on top there.

-t

Mikey Saint Sinclair Esq. said...

Touché

If Peyton does not win his superbowl, he can always tilt at windmills. Perhaps post QB career he will deserve to heralded as one of the best coaches of all time (or is he already pursuing that title?)

Mikey Saint Sinclair Esq. said...

Touché

If Peyton does not win his superbowl, he can always tilt at windmills. Perhaps post QB career he will deserve to heralded as one of the best coaches of all time (or is he already pursuing that title?)

mance01 said...

Dan Marino seems to be shrinking. Except for his head. Which is either getting larger, or making it look like his body is shrinking twice as fast. Because sweet baby jesus that is a melon on his shoulders.

Speaking of heads, I hope Peyton loses just cause I'm sick of being forced to see his giant head in EVERY COMMERCIAL EVER. go bears.

Tom said...

Peyton Manning will continue to make commercials whatever the outcome of SuperBowl XLI happens to be.

I hold that he will make more commercials if he loses the game, because, as we've all seen, he has never refrained from poking fun at himself and his "can't win the big game" record for money.

So, if you want more Manning, root for the Bears, you know, if you like a six-five, 230 pound quarterback, laser, rocket arm...

-t

Donny said...

I am guaranteed to place in my office's playoff pool. Second if the bears win; third if the colts. This comes after being the biggest winner in the regular season pools. My coworkers can't believe it. I haven't watched a game all season. And I just learned that the cardinals are also a football team! Who knew?

eileen said...

C'mon, everyone knows that offense wins games, defense wins championships. Go Bears!

Think SNL will bring back the skit?

mance01 said...

Oooh...if they bring it back, they should bring George Wendt in for it.