Monday, December 11, 2006

Topped with a sprinkle of cinnamon

Mmmm. This is a delicious gingerbread latte from Dunkin Donuts. Exactly as delicious as I'd expected it to be.

So, after leaving early Friday [read: Cutting out Friday and shirking responsibilities to play Xbox 360 at home] the nightmare fund was left in the capable (I imagine) hands of my new manager Sandra. If she chooses to take on too much work and not delegate, I reflected, let her. It's not my job to step in.

So, I arrive Monday with less hair and a more positive attitude toward the nightmare fund, which was revealed immediately after my first sip of the gingerbread latte. I decided to go looking for work.

I sent an email to Sanrda:

Where do you stand on the nightmare fund and what do you need me to do to help?


and received an immediate reply:


Insolent Bob was working on putting together the reports on Friday. Can you guys work together to reconcile cash and put them together?

I’ll forward some files from the client. You should be able to reconcile to the broker as well.


"Argh," I thought, "I hate Insolent Bob. Might as well torpedo my positive attitude for the rest of the week."

but then this appeared in my inbox:



Oops, I forgot that Dave will be out. I have the file. I’ll bring the information over soon.



Ha! Turns out the reporting will have to wait, I've got a training class in twenty minutes that runs until lunchtime. Hope the client doesn't have high expectations for the December monthly reporting.

-t

No comments: