Friday, November 24, 2006

This is better than taking a nap. NOT.

My first fund was finished at 9:05 AM, my second at 9:45 AM.

The only thing left is a giant project that my new manager, Sandra, and I have to start work on. What better time than the four hours we'll be trapped here on the day after Thanksgiving?

So, at 9:45 AM I emailed Sandra and said "My funds are done, we can start the project whenever you're ready."

She replied "Ok. I should be done with my stuff by 11AM. We'll do it then."


It is not the late start that is frustrating me. Sandra has things that need doing. The fact that I have NOTHING TO DO FOR AN HOUR AND FIFTEEN MINUTES is frustrating.

11AM rolls around, Sandra says "I'm still working on this stuff, tying up loose ends...I'll let you know..."

IT IS NOW ELEVEN FORTY-FIVE AND I HAVE SAT HERE AND DONE NOTHING - NOTHING FOR TWO HOURS.

I should not have come in today.
-t

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I said I would come in to work at 9. I had an extra cup of coffee and rolled in around 10. Everyone (the 5 of 200 that came to the office today) was already here. now I am sitting at my desk with everything done waiting for other people to start leaving so I am not both last to arrive and first to leave. sucks.

Anonymous said...

tom
complain all you want, I was off today, and I spent 4 hours talking to my sister and her partner about my feelings. seriously. made me really appreciate beinga t work . also i am drunk. and typing extremeyl well for a drunk a person.