Monday, November 27, 2006

The Silent Jittery Killer

I'm not doing anything.

I've got trades dating back to June that need to be rebooked (I think.) I have to finish daily cash for two funds (one is the fund that needs June trades rebooked, so that cash is going to be wrong until the trades get corrected, the other fund needs reports downloaed from a secure website with a securID login that is currently missing).

I have to complete a preliminary month-end report and, even though I meticulously documented the procedure and instructions, they were meticulously documented from Insolent Bob, so who knows if any of it makes any sense?

I used to run out for coffee when it got like this: impossible tasks, no progress to be made, no help to be found.

But if I went out for coffee every time that happened here, I'd be dead of a caffeine overdose by two o'clock this afternoon.

-t

No comments: