Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Productivity

This morning I have decided to be productive. In the next half hour I expect to catch up on daily work for two of my funds that I have put off for two weeks.

That's right, two weeks of work, for two funds, in half an hour.

You might think that's fifteen minutes of work for each week of each fund, but you would be wrong. In fact the easy fund will probably take ten minutes (that's about one minute per day), and the slightly less easy fund will take almost twice that long (I know, outrageous, right?).

I find it utterly ridiculous that the difference between daily work and monthly reporting is so great. The daily stuff takes mere minutes, and a fraction of my concentration. The monthly stuff is totally indecipherable.

Why one and not the other? I don't want to speculate. Besides, I have to get back to work.

-t

btw, did I mention that the half an hour includes the time it will take me to post? It does.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

can I just say that I was out of the office for two days and i came back TO literally 200 + emails. TWO DAYS PEOPLE. WHO IS THAT PRODUCTIVE ON A FRIDAY AND MONDAY ANYWAY? freak pharma companies and doctors who want to cure cancer. geez, overachievers.