Sunday, November 05, 2006

Media Sunday

Most sports commentators suck. Al Michaels, John Madden, Joe Buck, Tim McCarver, to name four - There are lots more.

Dear networks, please stop employing national commentators. I've got a simple plan that will make everybody happier: Simulcast the local commentators.

I know I would much rather hear Jerry Remy doing color for a Red Sox broadcast than any national commentator Fox has flown in for a weekend stint. I'm sure loyal Oakland fans would rather hear their guy than McCarver too. Why not have both local commentary teams call the game and let the viewers decided which they'd like to listen to?

I've got my trusty SAP button to switch languages, why not let me switch commentary teams too?

I think it's brilliant.

-t

3 comments:

jayniek said...

jim buck deserves sticks in his eyes. sticks made of sharp metal.

jayniek said...

joe buck.

i used to know a jim buck.
hopefully he doesn't read my mistype.

Tom said...

if you'd like to try that comment again below, go ahead. I'm happy to delete your previous comments so you appear less mistake-prone.

-t