Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Yes, squid pro roe...

I try to help wherever I can, and I do so for entirely selfish reasons:

I've got a good job. I hate it, but the pay is good, there's plenty of room for promotion, and there's practically no distinction between hard work and no work.

Would you like a job here?

I am, right now, in a position to recommend, or at the very least refer, any of you to our hiring manager. I know that most people need money, and even a job you hate is better than no job, so I will do what I can to help you get a job.

Because I am totally banking on somebody (anonymous internet readers I'm including you in this too, so take note) striking it super successful and then getting me a cushy job.

I will help out whoever I can, with the hope, or understanding, that whoever could help me out would. I think it's a great policy.

Seriously. I'd do it if I were in a position of power. I'd hire everybody I knew. I'd pay for masters degrees, I would hook, you, up.

Because what goes around comes around, quid pro quo, back scratching, and all of that.

I'm just saying, it'd be nice if one of you would make it big sometime in the next week or so. Thanks.

-t

No comments: