Monday, October 02, 2006

Weekend, weak start

I'm tying out positions and prices this morning (the one thing I know how to do), this afternoon I'm going to move back to cash. I'll let you know how it works out.

Turns out the iPod shuffle isn't available until October 31st. I have use for a portable mp3 player before then, so I've taken steps to get one. Namely: I bought a 30GB black video iPod.

Also, I went to the dentist last week and got an electric toothbrush. Woo. And no cavities! (Even with all the free Coke I'm drinking at work!)

And this weekend I went golfing! In the rain. It was ok, we got nine holes in, we had a ton of food afterward, and I won a bottle of wine in the raffle!

It rained a lot, though. I'm still drying out (from the wine)(I mean the rain).

So, music is back in my life. And so is the written word. I'm concurrently reading Bill Simmons "Now I Can Die In Peace," Richard Dawkins "The God Delusion," and finishing up Orson Scott Card "The Worthing Saga."

That's just a quick update. While I'm out at lunch I'm going to try to think up a great topic for a post, like zombies.

-t

recommended download:
Red Hot Chili Peppers, Tell Me, Baby
Theme - The Mysterious Cities of Gold
Lucky Boys Confusion, 50 of my Closest Friends and a Keg of Killian's

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like how you said music and the written word are back in my life, book "now i can die in peace" ... did you put that book first on the list to make the sentence funny cuz you did

also if you recommend "Tell Me Baby" by the chili peppers i also recommend "Snow (Hey Oh)" and "Hey"

Tom said...

Thanks. Nice use of punctuation and capitalization in that comment.