Monday, October 23, 2006

Make New Links, and Keep the Old...

Ok, here is the deal. I have updated the sidebar links to include stuff I've been reading lately. I will be attempting, in the coming months, to keep it up-to-date.

Also, since the "break down" of the links is important to some of you (I won't mention any names) (but you know who you are) (and should be ashamed of yourselves) (for endorsing link segregation) (for shame), the breakdown is as follows:

News & Reference - contains things that are updated on a daily (or in a few cases semi-regular-) basis that feature either news items (bostonist), interesting references and links (kottke, boingboing), or pictures (ephemera, explodingdog, APOD (which is great)).

In Boston - contains links to blogs written or maintained by people currently living in or near Boston. Many of the folks I met at Blogtoberfest have been added to this section

Not In Boston - contains links to blogs written or maintained by people currently living someplace that isn't Boston. Many of these people once attended school with me (brassicaput, mrs. anonymous, amazo) and have moved away, many others are "famous" (mightygirl, defective yeti), and one of them is my girlfriend (acaffeinatedplace).

On Notice - contains links to blogs that I'm on the fence about. Things I used to like but have begun to decline, things I've started to read but aren't yet convinced I should be investing ten seconds a day into, things I really don't like, but keep the links around for propriety, or for those of my readers that do like them.



Hope that helps. And finally, there's a pretty interesting comment thread on the Use It Toni-i-i-i-ight Post, just a few posts below this one.

-t

recommended download:
The Shirelles, Mama Said There'd Be Days Like This

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

What's it going to take for me to get off the fence?

I've got some Kit Kats and I'm willing to make a deal.

Anonymous said...

Awwwww. I heart you, Tom! :) Thanks for popping me up there.