Friday, September 01, 2006

Blogger by default

I'd asked a rhetorical question and received an answer from a loyal reader, an answer that should have occurred to me immediately.

My default mode is blogging.

It's what I do when I have nothing to do, or when I can't do what I do have to do, or do to do do to do do do. (haha)

So here I sit, still blogging away.

Yesterday I set up my very first RSS/Atom reader which now means I can stare at one page that's never updated instead of clicking on a thousand links to look at a thousand pages that are never updated.

Nice, right?

Well, yes. It has certainly efficiencized my blog reading. I'm buzzing through the thirty-or-so blogs I used to read daily in about a minute's time. I think I'm going to have to increase my intake to about 300 blogs a day (at least until I've practiced and gotten used to the feeder reader (which I'm going to abbreviate henceforth as either "feader" or "reeder"), then I'll probably be cruising through 1000 blogs a day).

They're great, these reeders. It's like saying "Hey, readers, I don't want you coming to my page. I'm going to put stuff up here, but please, please, don't come by and read it! Just customize your own little reeder, then you're good! You'll see my content without stopping by, and I won't have to worry about keeping up my html or formatting, or colors, or links, or anything!

It's like talking on the phone instead of stopping by for a visit. I can be just as charming via the airwaves as I would be in person, and you can pretend I'm talking to you from a pristine and hip apartment, but this way I don't have to worry about picking up the place.

So, bloggers, I encourage you, get yourselves a reeder, because they're fun! And you can leave me to my empty-pizza-box masthead, and dirty-laundry links, and tired-old-unwashed-dishes-in-the-bathroom-sink template. Go on, be free!

-t

4 comments:

mance01 said...

They also decrease your comments because you can't comment from within a reader. :-p

Tom said...

that's true. and I do love comments.

Ok, readers, please do whatever you want! I promise if you keep coming by to comment I'll keep the place clean - or at least vacuum before you come over.

-t

craziasian said...

update your sidebar! MRS. ANONYMOUS ALL THE WAY. tx.

Anonymous said...

Yay! I got a whole post dedicated to my comment. Well, at least the first couple lines. I heart the internet.