Friday, August 18, 2006

Unemployable

I have no boss. Does that make me unemployed or self-employed?

My manager doesn't speak. He sits over in his cubicle and every third or fourth day sends an email with a vauge question about my funds.

My senior manager just left the company.

The one other guy in my group, the "trainer" called in today.

That's three levels of supervision I'm missing. There is no one here today to tell me what to do.

So I'm not doing anything.

It's the greatest thing ever. I've got one simple fund that I'm supposed to finish, one giant complicated fund that I was supposed to learn (but can't now, because the senior manager is the one who was supposed to train me), and nothing else to do.

I've been wandering around the office checking with other groups trying to help out. Like Caine in Kung Fu, you know, wander the earth, get in adventures.

I've also been telling jokes, like "What's orange and sounds like a parrot?"

Meanwhile the VP has banned espn, espn2, and fox from our television. CNN is the only channel allowed now. So I can't watch the Sox/Yankees game.

Instead I'm trying to set up gmail chat. If it works it could be better than AIM. Which means I'm very close to being back, baby.

-t

3 comments:

Sarah said...

gmail chat is the BEST. i could not survive the work day without it.

Stephermay said...

it is best that you do not have visual access to the sox game.

travesty.

go cubbies. (it's easier backing a team you KNOW has no chance in hell...)

Donny said...

How much vacation time do they give you?