Friday, May 26, 2006

Vs. The Red Baron of Troublevania

Troubleshooting. I like doing it. I like being good at it. I even like the word. It has "shooting" in it.

I imagine myself in my Sopwith Camel miles above a battlefield beset on all sides by Troubles. I nimbly navigate the skies, taking aim with my trusty machine gun, enemy fighters dropping like magflies around me.

The nickname, emblazoned in wide yellow script on the side of my fuselage, reads "The Troubleshooter."

Currently I am not doing any trouble shooting. I am disheartened to think that once I gain a better understanding of the job the most I can do is trouble shoot income problems on mutual funds.

I'd like to work somewhere that matters. Somewhere that the problems to solutions aren't "Great. Now these numbers are equal."

I would like to work someplace important. With people.

Trouble shooting miswired nuclear missles is important, but I lack the technical knowledge necessary.

Personal consultant to the rich and powerful.

Also, I would be really good as a "coolness consultant."

-t

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And that's why I quit that shit and now I do budgets for battered women's shelters and food pantries.