Thursday, May 25, 2006

Tooth Decay XP

Nothing to do.

We've got a lot of downtime. Surfing the internet, using company resources (specifically the email and web servers) for personal communications is prohibited in word only. Giant televisions are tuned to ESPN2 every other day for the live viewing of whatever sporting event happens to be on (coming soon: World Cup Soccer), and there are free softdrinks (lots of them), which I feel compelled to consume, for no other reason than to look busy.

I walk from my cubicle to the kitchen area a few times a day fueled by the belief that people seeing someone in motion will assume that they have a purpose, and are busy accomplishing their goals, and secondarily, by the fear of being labeled a slacker.

I AM NOT A SLACKER!!!

It's just there is nothing for me to do, and there is A LOT of downtime in between the times when I'm not doing anything.

But really, if not for the out of date operating system running on my computer, and this pathological fear of being labeled a slacker, this would be the sweetest set up ever. Eight hours a day to mess around online, and free Coke!

Oh, and there's no AIM. But a newer OS would be able to handle AIM Express or meebo no problem. And that would be sweet.


-t

1 comment:

mance01 said...

Four pieces of pizza, and a lot of coke. Umm...this job may kill you.