Monday, April 24, 2006

No more mondays either.

Friday was like "be nice to the new guy day." I was invited out to lunch by a guy in the other group, then invited out for a cigarette by not-so-pretty-girl, and the-guy-who-loves-cars-just-a-little-too-much.

I accepted both invitations because none of those people are in my group, and I generally don't hate people who aren't in my group.

I'm convinced the invitations were sparked by equal parts (a) they don't think I'm a bad guy, and (b) I'm leaving, so they want to know if I've got any dirt on my coworkers.

So we had fun bashing the stupid kids in my group. It was like, the most fun I've had at work since... Probably ever.

The stupid kid stories were enough to convince car-guy not to apply for the senior position I'm vacating. He was all "I'm thinking about a change, but after those stories...maybe I should look someplace else." It was a validating moment. Sort of. It also highlights how awful it really must be, and how stupid I am to have stayed this long.

Friday night we went out to a bar, only a handful of people came, and I got pre-tty drunk. I remember very little past the fourth inning of the Red Sox game except that (1) there were shots (2) I drank at least one shot (3) I turned down at least one shot (4) I was never without a guiness in my hand and (5) the sox game went to something like the thirteenth inning.

Notable personalities at the send-off were:
The stupid kid - who showed up, didn't say one word to me, ate buffalo wings, and left
Lurch - who showed up, said two words to me, had a beer, and left
The kid that I hate - who ordered shots for everyone, three times, ordered bud lights for everyone twice, and almost got kicked out of the bar once for being drunk, disorderly, and inappropriate

Notable abscences were:
hypermanager, Cancerface, Johnny Bombay, Adina, all of my crazy blog stalkers, and maybe some other people I wasn't sober enough to remember.

Anyway. Few people, lots of beer, next to zero recollection. So I guess it was a good night.
-t

No comments: