Thursday, April 20, 2006

Here's a meme I can get behind.

Ok, the list is "Best 50 book to film adaptations" I didn't pick it, I'm just using it.

Mark which movies [M] you've seen, and which books [B] you've read. For books adapted multiple times, I counted any adaptation I've seen. This guy started it, this is where I got it, and here's my list:



  1. 1984
  2. [M][B] Alice in Wonderland
  3. [M] American Psycho
  4. Breakfast at Tiffany's
  5. Brighton Rock
  6. Catch 22
  7. [M][B] Charlie & the Chocolate Factory
  8. [B] A Clockwork Orange
  9. Close Range (inc Brokeback Mountain)
  10. The Day of the Triffids
  11. [B] Devil in a Blue Dress
  12. [M] Different Seasons (inc The Shawshank Redemption)
  13. Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? (aka Bladerunner)
  14. Doctor Zhivago
  15. Empire of the Sun
  16. The English Patient
  17. [M] Fight Club
  18. The French Lieutenant's Woman
  19. [M][B] Get Shorty
  20. [M][B] The Godfather
  21. [M][B] Goldfinger
  22. [M] Goodfellas
  23. [M] Heart of Darkness (aka Apocalypse Now)
  24. [B]T he Hound of the Baskervilles
  25. [M] Jaws
  26. [M][B] The Jungle Book
  27. A Kestrel for a Knave (aka Kes)
  28. LA Confidential
  29. Les Liaisons Dangereuses
  30. Lolita
  31. [M][B] Lord of the Flies
  32. [B] The Maltese Falcon
  33. [M] Oliver Twist
  34. [B] One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
  35. Orlando
  36. [B] The Outsiders
  37. [M*] Pride and Prejudice
  38. The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie
  39. The Railway Children
  40. Rebecca
  41. The Remains of the Day
  42. [M] Schindler's Ark (aka Schindler's List)
  43. [M][B] Sin City
  44. The Spy Who Came in From the Cold
  45. [M] The Talented Mr Ripley
  46. Tess of the D'Urbervilles
  47. Through a Glass Darkly
  48. [B] To Kill a Mockingbird
  49. [M] Trainspotting
  50. The Vanishing
  51. [B] Watership Down


Interesting.
-t

*I've never seen a major motion picture adaptation of Pride and Predjudice. The [M] refers to the Wishbone adaptation.

4 comments:

Donny said...

Watership Down is a movie! I love bunnies.

Tom said...

Yeah, it's animated.

Anonymous said...

Donny, out of context, "I love bunnies" is the funniest thing I've ever heard you say. I wish you had including a recording of you saying it or something.

Donny said...

Check out my podcast.