Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The Comfort Zone

I walked away, I left the building for the last time, and it was surprisingly harder than I thought it would be.

It's about leaving the comfort zone.

They didn't want me to go. It's really a shame they didn't start expressing that before I gave my notice.

It feels a little like missing the last stair. I've got a future here, management loves me, I've got "easy and rewarding career path" written all over my employee profile, and I'm leaving.

It's weird. I hated it there. But right now, because I know I won't have to ever deal with those things I hated again, I can't remember what they were - which leaves me with the good people who want me to stay.

Like missing a step.
-tgme

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know how you can remember what you hated?

Reading past blog entries.

This site has been a virtual monument to Tom's Hatred of His Job and Those Around Him.

e$ said...

hm. I totally didn't feel that way when I left my last job. Not at all.