Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Is it hot in here?

Exchange: Lurch and Pony Boy

So what do you pay in rent, you know, a month?”

“Well, it varies…utilities, you know?”

Well, yeah, but – what do you pay for just rent?

“Well, like in the summer it’s like $570, but this winter, man, last month I paid like $840!”

Wow.”

“Yeah, well, you know, the gas bill, and the heat – it’s just so cold in the winter, you know? The gas bill last month was almost $400.”

Well, in my house we keep the heat at like 66 or 64.”

“Oh, really? We keep it at like 70.”

Well there you go!

“No, it’s cool, I don’t like putting on sweaters or anything, and my roommates are the same way. We’re just too lazy. I don’t know.”

And do you turn the heat down at night?

“No, we turn it up at night! That’s when it gets the coldest! We keep it at like 75.”
    

2 comments:

Johnny Sapphire said...

So, like, what does he pay, you know, just in rent?

PUT ON A GODDAMN SWEATER JACKASS.

mance01 said...

Unless you totally made that whole exchange up...I have now...just now...grasped the stupidity of your coworkers. I think this whole time I gave them the benefit of the doubt and thought they weren't really that dumb...you were just mean :-p

I was wrong. So. So. Wrong.