Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Fade to (not quite) Black

I’m wearing a pair of pants I’ve had since high school.

They fit fine, blah blah blah.

But they’re old. More importantly, they’re faded.

The pants I’m wearing were once black. Now, they are faded-black. I’m wearing them with a shirt that is fairly new, and definitely not faded. This only serves to bring the fadedness of the pants into high relief.

“Why can’t you just get a pair of pants that aren’t faded? mm? You don’t have any other black pants at home?”

Well, I do, in fact. I have a lovely pair of Dockers black flat-front chinos that look spectacular on me. (These faded pants are pleated, no one ever looks good in pleated pants).

I will definitely not be wearing these pants again unless the rest of my wardrobe goes up in flames. I’m sure this isn’t really big news…I’m sure no one can look 100% all the time.

I’m noting it because:

I’m a little surprised that this is bothering me.
-t

5 comments:

Donny said...

Why on Earth do they make pleated pants? Don't they realize that normal people want flat-front? Don't they see that the pleated pants piles are always much higher than the piles of flat-front pants?

If I ruled the world, there would be an end to pleated pants.

Anonymous said...

"I have a lovely pair of Dockers black flat-front chinos that look spectacular on me."

Such modesty :-p

Tom said...

the only things that look more spectacular on me are the flat-front khakis.

-t

Anonymous said...

i am wearing a slightly faded black sweater. however, i think i look pretty hot in it because it accentuates my strongest feature - my unusually-large-for-an-asian-woman boobs.

Anonymous said...

Dear Tom,

I can look 100% all the time.

KT