Friday, March 10, 2006

Drinks

Last night was the big party for Mike’s departure. Everyone went out. Everybody. We haven’t even had this kind of turnout for the  mandatory show-up-or-you’ll-get-fired meetings.

So we drank. I spent about a third of the night talking to the cool people in the office; a third of the night talking to Bible Guy, because he’s a nice guy and no one was talking to him because maybe they’re afraid of God or something, I don’t know; and a third of the night avoiding the stupid kid, who, I swear to you, was following me around trying to engage me in conversation. At one point he followed me into the bathroom.

What the hell? Not only was it creepy, but it was super-creepy. The stupid kid was wearing his BRIGHT turquoise shirt and sitting way down the other end of the bar trying (unsuccessfully)  to get into a conversation with some office girls. I was sitting at a table waaaaaay at the other end of the room. I put my beer down and headed for the bathroom, and just as I turned past the sink I see this BRIGHT TURQUOISE blur from the corner of my eye enter the bathroom.

Dude. I got the hell out of there. Seriously, wtF?

Anyway. The rest of the night was cool. Most of my group left at like eight (losers). I stayed a little longer and talked to manager Hilary (from the cake! emails).

Hilary was very excited about my possible move to Dublin.

I was incredulous – because I hadn’t told anyone. Not that it’s a big deal, but again, wtf? I emailed a guy in Dublin like three hours before, and already someone who’s not even in my group is spreading the rumor that I’m moving to Ireland and leaving the group in the lurch?

Ok, yes, it’s not a rumor, it’s a goal. But come on! Three hours? I haven’t even heard back from Dublin yet!

Weird.

Ok, I forget where I was going with the rest of this post. Basically Everyone was there, because everybody loved Mike; and the stupid kid is creepy and everyone hates him.

Oh, right. I remember.

So, I had a few last night and today woke up with a headache, but it died pretty fast. Now I just feel a little strange and could really go for a McDonald’s breakfast sandwich (which I won’t be in time to get, so I’ll have to go to Dunkin Donuts). I decided, just prior to writing this post, to write the post and then skip out for a Sausage Egg and Cheese.

Then Pony Boy and Lurch started talking about feeling hungover and going for breakfast sandwiches when Pony Boy said “It’s Friday – no meat.”

DAMMIT. I always forget stuff like that. I’ll have to go get a bagel.
-t

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe cake-email girl reads your blog and knew about dublin that way.

btw, you absolutely realize how fired you'd be if someone at work caught wind of this blog? i know, its a dumb question and an obvious observation, but i was looking up the definition of "dooced" the other day and it really made me think of how totally canned your ass would be if your comments were exposed to your management.

anyway, blog on.

Tom said...

ok, first of all, I hate that verb. it's a stupid verb.

Second of all, who cares if I get fired? I hate it here - hence the blog posts that you say will get me fired.

Thirdly, I refrain at every opportunity from keeping the company I work for and the people I'm talking about anonymous.

And, even if people are good at guessing "the stupid kid" could be one of like a thousand people here. They'll never pin it on me.

Also, no, she doesn't read the blog. She knew about Dublin but not that I disliked working here. She was very surprised to learn that.
-t

ps. how hilarious would it be if wayne and garth had a blog?

"Blog on Wayne"
"Blog on Garth"
"Excellent!"

Johnny Sapphire said...

i'm telling you. stupid kid is, like, IN LOVE with you.

Johnny Sapphire said...

maybe you should show him your wenus.

Tom said...

first, I would bet money that's what he was trying to see.


second, let me amend my previous comment wherein I said

"I refrain at every opportunity from keeping the company I work for and the people I'm talking about anonymous"

I don't refrain from anonymity, I refrain from disclosing identities. I encourage anonymity.

Unless you're someone I like, then maybe I'll use your first name.

finally, John, stop making jokes like that. then atmosphere is already uncomfortable here I don't need the extra creepy. thanks.

adina, felecia, donny, etc, this goes for you too. we all know he is creepy and "likes" me. we don't have to talk about it.

uuugh.

mance01 said...

Make it 5 times I've heard that story now :-p Also, God has thwarted your attempt to eat McDonald's. Muahahaha. Told you that place was evil :)

Anonymous said...

TOM AND STUPID KID SITTING IN A TREE

LOOKING AT EACH OTHER'S WEE WEE'S

Tom said...

I am thinking about deleting that.

Adina, I told you NOT to make jokes. NO ONE NEEDS THE EXTRA CREEPY

ok, maybe you readers do. but whatever dude.

mance01 said...

hahaha...Adina, that is so disturbing. :-p

Anonymous said...

Def. Your Mom

Johnny Sapphire said...

actually, yeah, adina. that was like a big step over the line.

they hold hands first. it's not until later that the "i'll let you see mine if you let me see yours" comes along.

Tom said...

NO ONE IS LISTENING


I am going to delete all of these comments when I get home tonight.

Anonymous said...

comment nazi.

Johnny Sapphire said...

totally comment nazi.

sk + t = <3

Donny said...

Stupid Kid + Tom is equal to or less than 3? I don't get it.

Johnny Sapphire said...

it's a heart, donald.