Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Fisecalicurity

In the interest of full disclosure, and because I know you all like reading about my financial irresponsibility:

Last week my laptop died so I went out and bought a very nice, very expensive, new computer. In so doing I reduced the balance of my checking account from somewhere in the teen-hundreds to exactly $4.63.

So I then (almost immediately, I love online banking) transferred a substantial amount of my savings into the near-empty checking account, and then proceeded to purchase:

One new movie on dvd (Heist, starring Gene Hackman – thought it’s not really new, I’ve had a copy on dvd for like three years, but just found out the other day that it’s got a GIANT scratch right in the middle of the movie…it’s like a two chapter long scratch.

Two new video games (Burnout 3: Takedown a racing game where you get bonus points for causing fiery wrecks, and Ninja Gaiden Black, apparently the absolute coolest ninja game anywhere combining the coolest ninja moves and powers from the best ninja anime, kung fu movies, and unsubstantiated rumors into one neat package, plus magic and demons.)

And one new controller for my Xbox (because it’s tough to play two player games with only one controller.)

Do you guys remember that time I spent like a thousand dollars on ebay in like forty minutes?

I do. This is a lot like that.
-tgme

3 comments:

Donny said...

If it has taken three years to realize that a DVD is scratched, perhaps you don't really need that movie.

Anonymous said...

i thought the same thing donny.

stupid tom. can buy a fancy computer but can't come to philadelphia to buy me my haiku cheesesteak YES I'M STILL BITTER ABOUT THAT.

Tom said...

I'll clarify: The dvd has not been scratched for the whole three years. I've viewed it multiple times and only recently has it been scratched.

Since I'd like to continue to watch it I purchased a new copy.

k? K. Also, blah blah blah cheesesteak.

;)