Monday, January 23, 2006

I'm trying to strangle myself with my phone cord right now

Hey, I have a good idea. Let’s talk to our coworkers about the weather. That sounds fun and interesting and new. I’m sure it’s not a living breathing annoying cliché. No, in fact, I’m sure that my coworkers actually look forward to coming in Monday morning to discuss local precipitation amounts and how they compare to the national or local historical average. Maybe after we talk a little about the weather we can share stories about how the weather affected or didn’t affect our commute. That’s even more interesting than the weather itself. Gosh, I bet the only thing that would make this Monday morning more fun would be a discussion of old Seinfeld episodes. I might just burst from the happiness.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's raining in philadelphia. the bridge was closed to driving traffic but not foot traffic. so it affected other people's commute but not mine, thank goodness me.

oh and remember that soup episode on seinfeld? no soup or something?

Anonymous said...

I have no idea why, after over a year of complaining about the incompetence and innane conversation of your coworkers, you'd think they'd talk about something other than the obvious. At this point in the game, one might assume you wouldn't even be paying attention. Also, as someone who quotes Friends during the WRONG Friends episodes ON PURPOSE, you probably shouldn't cut down your coworkers for talking about their canceled NBC sitcom of choice. And I don't even like Seinfeld.

I rate your post a 20.

Felecia

Tom said...

That's 20 out of 20, right?

I thought so. Go me.

Anonymous said...

Why would I change a system that has so accurately rated me only 30 points away from being Heidi Klum? And with the potential to climb! If I keep racking up bonus points for knowing all the cool suburban hang outs at 2 AM, you might see me on Project Runway next season.

Tom said...

I love project runway.

"you're, out."

Donny said...

I don't understand this rating system.