Friday, December 09, 2005

Wouldn't It Be Loverly?

I have just received official word that the group is moving. We will soon (two weeks? Three weeks? In this office “soon” doesn’t actually relate to any real-world period of time) be moved from this side of the floor (un-affectionately referred to as “the coldest place in hell”) to the middle of the floor, near the PAs (who will “soon” be obsolete as their jobs are slowly but surely being replaced by computers) and the PAs will “eventually” be moved over here to Antarctica (where they can live every popsicle’s fantasy, before getting laid off).

Good news? Maybe. In an area of the office with nominal temperatures I’ll still be able to feel my fingers at the end of the day, which isn’t a bad thing, but, until I learn the location of my new cube there is the possibility I will be placed in either a high-traffic area or right in front of an AVP’s office, in both cases I will be virtually unable to use AIM and Blogger, which is just about the worst thing they can do to me. If I can’t slack of at work by chatting with my friends online (the three of them that actually take time to chat with me instead of working or going to class) I might have to quit and find another job I don’t have to do.

All I want is a cube somewhere, far away from the cold, cold air, in a really low traffic a(rea). Oh wouldn’t it be loverly?

Well, we’ll find out “soon.”
-t


recommended download:
Dropkick Murphys, Rocky Road to Dublin
or
The Irish Descendants, Rocky Road to Dublin

No comments: