Friday, December 02, 2005

In The Spirit of Giving (and Receiving)

I feel like the wicked witch, cackling “packages, packages” instead of “poppies.” I just wish the packages would show up on my doorstep already.

It’s the shopping season and I’ve been buying like crazy, as usual, for myself. Ebay has frequently been involved, amazon too. I’ve also made a few purchases from smaller online retailers. To date nothing has arrived.

Well, Arrested Development Season One and Two on dvd has arrived, but that was a free overnight ship from amazon, so it doesn’t really count. Also it arrived on a Saturday when I was home to receive it which eliminated the hours of expectation that carry me through an afternoon at work. Any afternoon is more pleasant knowing you’ve got a package waiting for you when you get home.

Though I have heard it is better to give than receive, one might think it is also better to send than receive. Not so. Yesterday, in lieu of accepting a package or two I instead sent out a money order to pay a fine I, received, speeding through Indiana. It was less fun than opening up a new wireless card, or router, or a MOC 1985 Lifline.

-t


recommended download:
Jude, Charlie Says

No comments: