Monday, November 07, 2005

Something to believe in

So, I saw a gorgeous girl on the T the other day, last week some time. I was running late that day, I didn’t catch my normal train. That’s when I saw her.

Since I haven’t been trying to be later to work, but things have sort of worked out in that direction. An extra fifteen minutes asleep, and extra quick check of my email before I walk out the door, that sort of thing, will keep me from making my normal train. I’ve been doing things like that.

I realize it’s because I’m hoping to run into her again. She was nice to look at.

Since that day I saw her I’ve also been making an effort – not going out of my way or anything – but making a small effort to look nicer than I did that day (brown shoes black socks, etc). I’ve sort of been dressing up for her.

I haven’t seen her since, but who knows, maybe she only rides the train on Thursdays. It’s the reason I get up (later) in the mornings now. I used to have many reasons to want to come in to work: pretty girl, cute girl, the drive to learn new things, but they’ve all fallen by the wayside, or quit. Now, here, a new reason to make it to the train, and, once I’m on the train I might as well come in to work, because as much as I can’t stand the people here, I’m better than most of them at what we do, and I still take a little pride in understanding things and getting them right.

That’s one thing I hope I’ll never lose.
-t

recommended download:
Marcy Playground, Death Of A Cheerleader    

No comments: