Tuesday, November 08, 2005

The holidays, they are upon us

New post, new post! I just received and email from the vice president’s office. They’re announcing this year’s holiday party! WOOOOO

This means two things: First, you may be in for a treat, another few posts about the drunken ramblings of my coworkers. Second, I have been here WAY TOO LONG. No one should have to suffer through two of these holiday parties.

I think about the only thing I can say is that it will be more fun that the booze cruise. And it will be the last of this office’s holiday parties I attend. No way will I be here for a third. (note to readers, if it starts to look like I am not going to quit my job before the next holiday party, please shoot me or something. (in the leg, obviously, nothing life-threatening, I want to quit my job, not die trying.)

-tgme

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

A quick review of fellow blogs would reveal that overall, Tom, comments are at an all-time low. Its an economic downturn of comments thats hitting us all uniformly (except, of course, for me, who does not own or manage her own blog, for fear of self-doubting moments such as these when you suspect that a temporarily lag in commentatorship indicates a lack of interest or concern for your opinions and posts). So take a moment to breathe, paruse your comerade's blogs, assess the comment situation, and stop feeling so damn pity-full! With love and mild admiration, KT

Anonymous said...

Ok, so comments seem to be back up in the last day or so. But generally speaking in the last few days, they have been low. Take my word for it. I've been paying attention.

Tom said...

I believe you, also I believe it's spelled "peruse" not "paruse" but I've already forgiven the mistake because you've posted two, count 'em, comments already.

kudos kt
-tgme

Anonymous said...

I had 12 comments on Tuesday.

Of course, half of them were by me.

i have been feeling the same way, as a fellow blogger (using the term "blogger" loosely of course). is it me? have i become unfunny? i start comments but then think, that isn't worth anyone's time and exit without commenting at all.

it is very sad. maybe this is it. maybe this is the end of our blogging community. maybe we'll have to revert back to *shudder* calling each other. perish the thought. PERISH THE GODDAMN THOUGHT.

see. even my capitalized comments aren't funny anymore. sad.

Tom said...

it's a lull. the doldrums. don't worry, pretty soon I'd wager we'll all be on the verge of a luff.

-t

Donny said...

I also find myself starting comments and then deleting them without posting anything. I figure that if I'm doing it, then everyone else is too.

Anonymous said...

ADINA, stop being so dramatic.

TOM, you must tell me when you call the liquor store.