Friday, November 04, 2005

Going the Distance (in a Christmasy way)

Twelve days until the big drive to Milwaukee (not until Christmas, that’s a different list)
(sung to the tune of The Twelve Days of Christmas)

I need:
One bed liner for the new truck
Two gifts for Donny (ok, I don’t need them, but I need to remember to bring them)
Three drinks before I call the chicago girl
Four turkey and cheese sandwiches for the ride
Five carbonated beverages for the ride
Six more hours until I finish this stupid role playing game that has taken over my life
Seven pairs of socks for the trip
Eight more hours of songs to add to the BIG DRIVE OH FIVE playlist
Nine hundred dollars for gas
Ten dollars in change for tolls
Eleven pipers piping
Twelve bottles of Yuengling (assorted) (I might double that…)


-t


recommended download:
Donna Summer, Hot Stuff    

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

this doesn't really mesh with the twelves days of christmas song. i find myself singing the same note for five to seven beats.

and why would you need piping pipers for your drive? that's crazy.

also, unless boston starting importing, you can only get lager in the tri-state area. so guess who has to come to philly. GUESS WHO.

Anonymous said...

...you mean, NY-NJ-CT tri-state area? Or is NY in another tri-state area with PA? 'cause we can buy Yuengling in these here parts (I'm home) nowadays.

Tom said...

I figured on picking up some brewskies in the outskirts of ny probably, I doubt I'll have to DETOUR all the way down to philly to find some ;)
-t

Anonymous said...

i'm glad that the makers of yuengling are broadening their beer selling horizons, though it does signify an end of a generation that had to wait until thanksgiving break for donny to return from moscow with a case of yuengling for tyler and that had to then pilfer beer when tyler wasn't looking or drunk already.

Donny said...

The tri-state area is definitely NY-NY-PA; NJ and CT don't even touch each other. Also, Yuengling is sold in finer establishments all along the Atlantic coast, because their largest brewery is the new one in FL. I learned this when I was on their tour of the oldest brewery in America, which is located in Pottsville, PA, which is next to Pottstown, PA. (I may have the two Potts- mixed up.)

Wow, Yuengling, I can taste you already.

I just came back from a lunch that was washed down with Miller. I miss the Yuengling.