Monday, October 31, 2005

Walkaway

I can’t leave without thinking about not coming back. I think, if I had a million dollars there is nothing that would be more satisfying than just walking away. Get up, take my jacket, take my bag, and leave. Leave the computer on, leave work unfinished on my desk, don’t tell anyone where I’m going, don’t tell anyone I’m not coming back.

That would be the most satisfying thing I could do. I won’t, because I am not independently wealthy, but I would like to.

I will tell you though, that when I eventually quit, I will walk out like any other day. No big party at a bar so social alcoholic coworkers have an excuse to drink, no farewell cake – because there is nothing I despise more than cake at the office. Nothing.

I can hardly wait.
-tgme

recommended download:
Less Than Jake, Union

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wearing a turtleneck makes it hard to scratch at your boob.

mance01 said...

Leave one day, go home or to a friend's apartment, and take a nap. Then come back. If people noticed, then you can say you quit but you forgot your stapler. If no one noticed, now you know you can go home and take naps. :) It's a win/win situation.

Tom said...

it's a good thought. but really, if I take time off from work I don't leave. I sit here and blog ;)
and what would you read if I were napping?!

mance01 said...

True. Blog away :)

Anonymous said...

Tom, you should learn to embrace cake at the office. It's good. It's free cake.